I think we could all agree that we all wish we had more time. Time to holiday, time to spend with loved ones, time to get all your work tasks done, time to get the household chores done, time to answer emails, time to tick things off your to do list….
ONLY CHECK YOUR EMAIL 1-2 TIMES PER DAY.
– not 12 times per day (like most of us do). This way you reply to a whole bunch at once rather than as they come in.
– check at 11am and 3pm, that way you get the most important tasks you need to complete for the day started or completed before you’ve even been distracted by emails. The second check at 3pm is to give you the piece on mind for replying to anyone you wrote to at 11am.
– never check your email just before leaving work. You will be caught up replying, and worst still you will carry that information in your brain (often stressful information) upon leaving and won’t be able to switch off when you get home
– never check your email before going to bed!! Often the information will race around in your brain for hours and you won’t be able to fall asleep.
– Sign out of your email/facebook account. These days we stay signed in to our accounts so that they are even easier to quickly check. Having to physically write in your password and sign back in each time will make it more of a hassle for you to check them.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new window. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.